Well, I hope all of you had a wonderful holiday! I know I did. Busy, busy! Traveling to spend time with family is always burdensome, but once we arrive at our destination I am always glad we did.
I recently revisited my 2011 resolutions and found that all in all, I did pretty well. If you didn’t read it, you can here. It’s time to start thinking about 2012 and what I can do to better my life in the upcoming year.
2011 has been a great year. I’ve had so many changes and have become an even better person than I was the year before. At least I think so! I like to break out my resolutions in three different categories – health, personal, and business/career. I do this because I don’t want to skimp in any area. This encompasses my entire life and I do try to keep my career and personal life separate so that I can enjoy both fully while I am doing them. And what red-blooded American woman doesn’t have “Lose 10 lbs” on their resolution list? Well, technically, I don’t have that. But 10 would be nice!
This was the one area in which I didn’t complete all my goals from last year, specifically the races, so by default they will be added to this years. It’s not like I can’t do it, I was just too lazy to actually register for the runs. I was running a 5k every other day either on my treadmill at home or with my dog in the park. It just wasn’t an actual race. So…
1. I resolve to Run the Race for the Cure – This is actually a little closer to my heart because my aunt had a little scare earlier this year. While she has been lucky so far, breast cancer does actually run in my family. So with that said, I have actually already logged onto the website and registered myself. If you would like to donate to my fundraising goals, you can check out my personal page here. I have set my goal at $250, but I am hoping to far surpass that. If you would like to join me in the run, you can register yourself here. I would love a training/running buddy!
2. I resolve to Run a 10k – I have decided to run the City of Pittsburgh Great Race 10k in September. Registration opens January 1st, so as soon as that is available I will do that and be done. Then all I have to do is train. Again, training/running buddies are welcome!
3. I resolve to complete P90X – Yes. I am subjecting myself to this torture. Ha! I am actually joining a fitness challenge with a group of friends who are all doing this starting January 9th. Each day we will text/call/email each other to make sure we are following through. My dream is to feel comfortable in a bathing suit in public. So I guess I have to start somewhere!
I really think my resolution for last year was a success in this category. I really want to expand on that this year. It was so hard to measure if I completed this one because I am the only one who can say whether or not I did it. I think that this year, I need to be able to measure whether or not I’ve accomplished my goal.
4. With that said, I resolve to set aside at least one night per month to have a girls night- whether it be going to a movie and dinner or out on the town. I love my hubby dearly, but QT with my girlfriends cannot be replaced. I hope to do it more often, but I have to start somewhere.
5. As cheesy as it is, I resolve to spend more QT with my handsome husband. Not in the form of “date night” per se, but just by cooking him a nice dinner (or him cooking me dinner!) and watching a movie together at home. After all, we do have two kids (fur babies, I’m not hiding anything from y’all!) and they need love and attention too.
As you all know, the past year has been crazy and quite a few unexpected changes happened. All of them for the better. I am a happier person. I actually LOVE my job. Not many people can say that. Now that I have been working at the Mansion for almost 4 months, I have learned many of the ins and outs of my position. I still have a lot to learn, but it is so nice to be able to function in my new job without being completely dependent on someone else.
6. In order to better myself and learn more, I resolve to attend more seminars/webinars/conferences. I plan on reading books that will help me learn more about marketing, social networking, customer service, whatever. Hell, I might even take a class this year. So with this resolution, I plan on becoming a better event coordinator by learning as much as physically possible.
Six things. That’s it. Six. One of which I have already started on by registering for the Race for the Cure. I hope you have made some great resolutions. If you want to share, feel free! I will help you follow through!