For the first recipe, I made Parmesan Chicken from the recipe found on Simple Clean Living. I don’t know about you but I love breaded chicken and I love cheese even more. Seemed like a good combo for me! Forgive me, I totally forgot to take pictures of the preparation because I had just finished working out and was pretty hungry when I was prepping. I was so focused on the food, I forgot to document it along the way! Its my first one, give me a break!
Parmesan Chicken… yum…
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Break open eggs into a shallow dish and scramble well.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine panko crumbs, parmesan cheese, sea salt, black pepper, lemon pepper and oregano.
*For this part, I actually found that for the full 2lbs of chicken I had to make an additional 1/2 recipe of the spice mixture to have enough to cover the chicken breasts.*
4. Dip each side of chicken breast into the egg and then into panko mixture.
5. Place in a large baking dish.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
*I had to up the temp and continue cooking for a little while longer to make sure that it was done. The chicken breasts I had were pretty thick.
*I did with some steamed broccoli (no butter!) and italian potatoes (just cubed russet potatoes with a drizzle of olive oil, oregano and basil to taste, baked at 375 for 45 minutes.)
It tasted just as good as it sounded and looked too. A little crunch and LOTS of flavor! Even my picky husband loved it and he really is a hard one to please. It will definitely be added to our list of frequent dinners. More coming soon! Enjoy this one until then!